Saturday, March 21, 2009

Preschool Fun

The kids really look forward to going to preschool every Friday. For awhile, however, Nathan wasn't too sure about school and up until recently, had a hard time on the few days that I left him. Even when I was working in the classroom, he would hang around me and get upset if I needed to leave the room for something (bathroom!). But I'm so proud to say that this past Friday was the FIRST time Nathan did not cry at all when I wasn't there working AND he really relaxed and enjoyed himself. My little guy is growing up (sniff, sniff). I guess it's bittersweet - I'm proud that he is moving forward but it is also a step toward not needing me as much. I could see a change in him the rest of the day. He even acted more confident and just seemed happy and proud. School will end in May and then the kids will go to summer school for the month of June. It's only 2 days a week but it gives us something to do and they LOVE all the activities that the teacher has during the summer - water play!!! We have really grown close to the school community and look forward to being there next year too. So much in fact, that I have decided to volunteer for a board position next year!
Audrey loves to sit in Teacher Paula's lap during the Snuggle Song :)

Nathan petting the school bunny, Snowball.

Audrey enjoying her snack.

Pouring rice.

No comments: