Monday, December 22, 2008

Playing Catch Up!

AHHHH, the guilt!! I can't believe I haven't updated the blog since November 1st! All I can say is that these two 2-year-olds are really keeping us busy. I am so exhausted every night and with the holidays in full swing, I just can't seem to keep on top of everything. Oh, and I think someone in our house has been sick since November 1st (or at least it feels that way!). Enough of the excuses. We have been doing a lot of fun things with the kids during November and now it's almost the end of the year. The kids are still going to preschool once a week on Fridays at Explorer. We are also still very involved with the multiples club (Gemini Crickets) and I, along with another mom of twins, have been planning monthly general meetings - which I love doing! Todd is still working the midnight shift. I have given up trying to keep the kids quiet during the day so he can get some sleep, which means I have been taking them out every day. You have to get creative when the weather is cold and/or rainy. My goal is to tire them out so they take nice, long naps. Thank God my parents live 5 minutes away - we've been spending most weekend mornings with them! Speaking of naps - our little Nathan has learned how to climb out of his crib recently. So for several days he did NOT nap and didn't go to sleep at night until very late because he continued to get out of his crib. Arghhhh!!!! Until my friend Katie loaned us the best invention ever made - a crib tent!!!! I still have to take a picture of it, but for those of you with small children, I'm sure you have one or have at least heard of one. It keeps kids in their cribs - enough said!

So now I have to do some catch up....... we started off November celebrating Lauren's (a friend from playgroup) 2nd birthday. The kids had a great time decorating gingerbread houses. As you can see from the pictures, this was right up their alley - cookies, frosting, and candy, lots of different types too! All the kids loved it! It was a fun day - Happy Birthday Lauren!

Nathan & Audrey decorating their gingerbread houses.

Lauren's cousin, Elizabeth, Lauren and her dad decorating too.



Well, these pictures are just priceless. As I was taking a picture of the kids with their decorated houses, Nathan leaned down and just started digging in. It was hilarious!

Audrey ate one piece at a time - such a lady!

Nathan, I love you :)


No comments: